Looking for something?
- RT @badbanana: I like how they say jogging will add five years onto your life as if you'd want another five years of jogging. 5 days ago
- @putthison rayon makes for excellent pocket square material. 5 days ago
- RT @badbanana: Drape cloth over your head and body. While technically not an invisibility cloak, nobody will bother you on the street. 6 days ago
- Music supporting our troops: buy the new Mere/Pip song "Something to Hold on to" on iTunes. ALL PROCEEDS GO TO @IAVA! bit.ly/1gmhHmr 1 week ago
- RT @HistoryInPics: This is how Yoda was filmed http://t.co/Z1Hmsrwzd6 1 week ago
Category Archives: Nerd!
Found commonly in the restrooms at my home is this: a new, full roll of toilet paper sitting atop a spent toilet paper cardboard roll still in the holder. I’ve not caught the roll-replacer adverse in the act; I’m convinced there are … Continue reading
Bucolic [byoo- kol -ik] adjective Of or suggesting an idyllic rural life. The likelihood of me using this word during the course of typical, day to day conversation is low. So this post is satisfying my itch to notify the … Continue reading
Would you believe three of the most commonly used passwords are: “123456,” “password,” and “iloveyou?” I logged into Gmail recently and was pleasantly surprised to read this screen pop at the top of the screen: “Thousands of online accounts are … Continue reading
Admittedly what I’m about to share will result in eye rolling. But there’s too much to squeeze into a tweet, and I couldn’t resist the urge to share. Today I was listening to the Nerdist podcast episode 139. The guest … Continue reading
I’m self-taught when it comes to shoe lace tying. I vaguely recall refusing help from my parents as a child, convinced I could figure it out on my own. And I did. Sort of. The knot I learned is the … Continue reading
Me, to myself: “Hmmm, Helvetica. How in the world could someone make an 80 minute documentary about a font?” Me, to myself (in response): “Good question. It’s possible this documentary could be really interesting and full of useless knowledge about … Continue reading
A few weeks ago I was on Twitter searching for new people to follow. Specifically, I was looking for astronomers and the like. I already follow Neil deGrasse Tyson (@neiltyson), Reasons to Believe (@RTB_official), and others, and in a flash … Continue reading