Looking for something?
- RT @ValaAfshar: user experience versus design https://t.co/LqytptHbWy 1 week ago
- RT @maru37: Seriously considering an auto-reply that just says: “Thanks for your e-mail. No, I’m not going to RSA.” 1 week ago
- RT @NatGeoMag: Ten million steps and counting, look back at some of @PaulSalopek's encounters on the @outofedenwalk so far. https://t.co/1Q… 1 week ago
- RT @troyhunt: Don't give your iPhone PIN to support people who then wander off into a back room with your phone... twitter.com/nalenb/status/… 1 week ago
- Encrypt the web! youtu.be/PdnpNJZVUE0 1 week ago
Category Archives: Nerd!
Found commonly in the restrooms at my home is this: a new, full roll of toilet paper sitting atop a spent toilet paper cardboard roll still in the holder. I’ve not caught the roll-replacer adverse in the act; I’m convinced there are … Continue reading
Bucolic [byoo- kol -ik] adjective Of or suggesting an idyllic rural life. The likelihood of me using this word during the course of typical, day to day conversation is low. So this post is satisfying my itch to notify the … Continue reading
Three of the most commonly used passwords are: “123456,” “password,” and “iloveyou?” I logged into Gmail recently and was pleasantly surprised to read this screen pop at the top of the screen: “Thousands of online accounts are hijacked every day. … Continue reading
Admittedly what I’m about to share will result in eye rolling. But there’s too much to squeeze into a tweet, and I couldn’t resist the urge to share. Today I was listening to the Nerdist podcast episode 139. The guest … Continue reading
I’m self-taught when it comes to shoe lace tying. I vaguely recall refusing help from my parents as a child, convinced I could figure it out on my own. And I did. Sort of. The knot I learned is the … Continue reading
Me, to myself: “Hmmm, Helvetica. How in the world could someone make an 80 minute documentary about a font?” Me, to myself (in response): “Good question. It’s possible this documentary could be really interesting and full of useless knowledge about … Continue reading
A few weeks ago I was on Twitter searching for new people to follow. Specifically, I was looking for astronomers and the like. I already follow Neil deGrasse Tyson (@neiltyson), Reasons to Believe (@RTB_official), and others, and in a flash … Continue reading